Susan B. Anthony Memorial Hall
Susan B. Anthony Memorial Hall, erected in 1914, was named for woman suffrage champion Susan B. Anthony. It was a landmark on the University of Rochester’s Prince Street Campus (opened 1861, closed 1955), serving as a women’s gymnasium and meeting venue.
In 1955, the Women’s Residence Hall was opened on the University’s new River Campus, with one wing named for Anthony. The former Anthony Memorial Hall was divested, serving until quite recently as a home for the independent nonprofit Visual Studies Workshop. In 1974 the entire River Campus residence hall was renamed for Anthony.