Smith Hall of Science

Front view of Smith Hall.
Type: Officially Marked Monument Involved: Smith, William
Location: Off St. Clair Circle
Geneva, NY
Cause: Scientific Knowledge

Smith Hall of Science was the first building constructed on the campus of Hobart College by philanthropist William Smith in connection with his project, William Smith College for Women. The classroom building was constructed in 1907, before William Smith College opened in 1908. The building was lavishly restored in 1992; Smith Hall now houses deans’ offices, department offices, and some classrooms.